Reinhold Cohn & Partners was founded by the late Dr. Reinhold Cohn.
Dr. Cohn first arrived in Israel in 1925 and joined the Hebrew University in Jerusalem during its early years. He then returned to Germany, where he qualified as a patent attorney. He spent 1933 working in France and the following year (1934) returned to Israel, where he founded his own firm, which soon became known in Israel and abroad as a high quality service provider.
The high professional standard laid down by Dr. Cohn won international prestige and continues to guide the successive generations in current days.
During 1973 - 2000 the Group was managed by his son, the late Dr. Michael Cohn, and his partner, the late Mr. Israel Shachter. Under their management, the firm developed into a leader in its field in Israel.
Today, the Group encompasses over 240 professional staff, over 70 of whom are Patent Attorneys and Attorneys at Law. The Group includes the patent attorney firm Reinhold Cohn & Partners and the law firm Gilat, Bareket & Co. (established in 1995) and is the largest, earliest established Intellectual Property firm in Israel.