The copyright law practice of Gilat, Bareket & Co. provides a broad range of legal services to internet and media companies, to printers and publishers, as well as to authors, musicians and artists. These services pertain to the protection of musical, literary, artistic, dramatic, and cinematic works, as well as general advice on a variety of legal issues to users of copyrighted works. Practice in this field includes:
- Representation of plaintiffs and defendants in courts in copyright infringement cases.
- Ongoing counseling to companies and individuals regarding copyright protection or infringement.
- Ongoing advice and representation in connection with agreements with collective rights management societies and organizations, such as ACUM, the IFPI (International Federation of Phonographic Industry) Israel, the Israeli Union of Performing Artists and others.
- Counseling various entities with regard to legislative proposals in the field of copyright.
- Counseling and rendering opinions on copyright issues towards formulating a client's copyright protection strategy.
- Structuring agreements for the use of copyright-protected works within television and cinematic productions.
- Advertising and regulatory issues.
The attorneys in this practice group also advise the domestic and international clients of Reinhold Cohn & Partners.