Dr. Ronnie Benshafrut
- Senior Partner, Head of Department, in charge of Patent Term Extension, Nanotechnology and Cannabis
- Patent Attorney
- Profile on LinkedIn
Ph.D. (Organic Chemistry), 1996, City University of New York; B.Sc. (Forensic Medicine), City University of New York.
Ronnie is experienced in providing a broad range of IP support to both R&D and commercial clients. He has represented his clients to achieve exclusivity for their technologies through development of patent strategies and has actively participated in filing and prosecution strategies adapted to meet his clients’ needs.
Ronnie has hands-on experience in patent drafting and prosecution, patent term extension, patent portfolio management, freedom to operate analysis, IP due diligence, to name a few, in the fields of pharmaceuticals, organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, metallurgy, industrial chemistry, medicinal chemistry, formulation chemistry, solid state chemistry, forensic chemistry and physical chemistry, nanotechnology, surface chemistry and chemistry of molecular-controlled semiconductors; agriculture, cannabis-based technologies, medical devices and others.
Moreover, Ronnie has vast experience and knoweledge in the field of Cannabis, especially in the IP aspects of this field.
Ronnie is a co-author of the chapter on PTE in Israel of the book Patent Term Extensions – Erganzende Schutzzertifikate (Nomos), a manual which comments on the relevant statutory provisions and the relevant case law in the U.S., Korea, Russia, Switzerland, Singapore, Taiwan and Israel.
He is also a co-author of the Israel chapter in “ICLG- International Comparative Legal Guide to: Patents 2019”.
- Globes: “Israel's cannabis reform: Hopes and fears”. Dr. Ronnie Benshafrut, patent attorney and cannabis expert from our Group, was interviewed in an article published in Globes in view of coming changes in the cannabis market, following reforms in the industry soon to take effect.
- Globes: Dr. Ronnie Benshafrut, Patent Attorney and senior Partner in our Group, with expertise on the subject of cannabis, speaks in an interview with Globes about the handling of Intellectual Property in this regard, and the main players in this field
- Calcalist: "Israel starts exporting cannabis" – all you need to know. A podcast for the cannabis exportation approval with the participation of Dr. Ronnie Benshfarut, senior partner of our Group
- The book ICLG - International Comparative Legal Guide to: Patents 2019 has been published. The Israel chapter authored by Adv. Eran Bareket, Senior Partner of Gilat, Bareket & Co. of our Group and Dr. Ronnie Benshafrut, Senior Partner
- ICLG- International Comparative Legal Guide to: Patents 2018: Israel chapter authored by Adv. Eran Bareket, senior partner at Gilat, Bareket & Co. and Dr. Ronnie Benshafrut, senior partner
Ronnie has been personally recommended for several years in leading international guides, such as IAM Patent 1000 (The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners) and recently in the new Legal 500 prosecution ranking.
Legal 500: ‘Exceptional’ Ronnie Benshafrut handling patent work, including term extensions.
Intellectual Asset Management – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 1000 (IAM Patent 1000) 2017: “Organic chemistry and nanotechnology guru Ronnie Benshafrut is an authority on patent term extensions, a subject on which he has written extensively”.