LL.B, 2009, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem; B.Sc.Med, (Medical Sciences), 2005, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem; MPH (Public Health), 2008, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Chen Ben Dori - Alkan
- Attorney at Law
- Profile on LinkedIn
In 2009 Adv. Chen Ben Dori- Alkan began her internship in Gilat, Bareket & Co. and gained experience in trademarks, copyright, patent, and design litigation. In 2010, Chen continued her practice as a lawyer in Gilat, Bareket & Co.
Chen handles various aspects of intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights and plant breeders’ rights, and in representation of clients in litigation proceedings before Israeli courts and the Registrar of Patents, Designs and Trademarks. She also handles various aspects of commercial law, company law and international transactions.
- Encouraging R&D and IP Asset Retention Remains the Trend in Israel
- “Call for action” of the Israeli Ministry of Health: Marketing exclusivity to biological drugs
- Recently published: New empirical study of ILPO relating to pre-grant oppositions in Israel
- Biosimilars in Israel: Substantial Revisions to the Regulatory Scheme
- BREAKING NEWS FROM ILPO: Applicants may file a divisional application from any pending patent application - the five years' ban against secondary divisionals is lifted
Chen is an assistant to the authors of the book “Intellectual property Law in Israel”, the chapter on Plant Variety Protection. The book derives from the chapter on Intellectual Property law in Israel in the Encyclopedia of Laws (IEL) published by the internationally renowned “Kluwer Law International”.
Chen is a co-author of the chapter on PTE in Israel of the book “Patent Term Extensions – Erganzende Schutzzertifikate”, a manual which comments on the relevant statutory provisions and the relevant case law in the U.S., Korea, Russia, Switzerland, Singapore, Taiwan and Israel.
- Globes: "More women invent patents, yet it is not enough". Chen Ben Dori Alkan, Partner of Gilat, Bareket & Co. of our Group, examines the role of women in the fields of patents and innovation
- "Tzeva Hakesef", Kan Reshet B: Adv. Chen Ben Dori-Alkan, Partner in Gilat, Bareket & Co. of our Group, in an interview about childern's inventions and their registration as patents (the interview starts on 42:20)
- ynet: "Did you child invent an invention? Try to register it as a patent". An article by Adv. Chen Ben Dori-Alkan, partner of Gilat Bareket & Co. of our Group, regarding children's inventions and the option to register them as a patent
- Globes: "The digital health revolution evolves without a legislative framework". An opinion piece by Eran Bareket, senior partner, and Chen Ben Dori-Alkan partner of Gilat, Bareket & Co. of our Group, about the legislative framework in the digital health field.
- The Marker: "Delaying Grant of Patents Harms Innovation" An op-ed on oppositions against patent registrations in Israel, by advocates Eran Bareket & Chen Ben Dori-Alkan, partners at Gilat, Bareket & Co., of our group
Chen is mentioned in the recent Managing Intellectual Property (MIP IP Stars) ranking : “Clients also pointed to the work of Chen Ben Dori-Alkan as especially impressive”.