LL.B, 2009, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem; B.Sc.Med, (Medical Sciences), 2005, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem; MPH (Public Health), 2008, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
Chen Ben Dori - Alkan
- Attorney at Law
- Profile on LinkedIn
In 2009 Adv. Chen Ben Dori- Alkan began her internship in Gilat, Bareket & Co. and gained experience in trademarks, copyright, patent, and design litigation. In 2010, Chen continued her practice as a lawyer in Gilat, Bareket & Co.
Chen handles various aspects of intellectual property rights, including patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights and plant breeders’ rights, and in representation of clients in litigation proceedings before Israeli courts and the Registrar of Patents, Designs and Trademarks. She also handles various aspects of commercial law, company law and international transactions.
- “Call for action” of the Israeli Ministry of Health: Marketing exclusivity to biological drugs
- Recently published: New empirical study of ILPO relating to pre-grant oppositions in Israel
- Biosimilars in Israel: Substantial Revisions to the Regulatory Scheme
- BREAKING NEWS FROM ILPO: Applicants may file a divisional application from any pending patent application - the five years' ban against secondary divisionals is lifted
- A new book on Patent Term Extensions
Chen is an assistant to the authors of the book “Intellectual property Law in Israel”, the chapter on Plant Variety Protection. The book derives from the chapter on Intellectual Property law in Israel in the Encyclopedia of Laws (IEL) published by the internationally renowned “Kluwer Law International”.
Chen is a co-author of the chapter on PTE in Israel of the book “Patent Term Extensions – Erganzende Schutzzertifikate”, a manual which comments on the relevant statutory provisions and the relevant case law in the U.S., Korea, Russia, Switzerland, Singapore, Taiwan and Israel.
Chen is mentioned in the recent Managing Intellectual Property (MIP IP Stars) ranking : “Clients also pointed to the work of Chen Ben Dori-Alkan as especially impressive”.