- Senior Partner, Head of Department
- Patent Attorney, Advocate
- Profile on LinkedIn
B.A Computer Science, 1986, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (cum laude); M.Sc. Computer Science, 1989, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology; LL.B., 2003, Interdisciplinary Center, Herzliya.
Ehud Hausman manages the Hi-Tech department of Reinhold Cohn & Partners, a department which handles a wide range of technologies including physics, software, hardware, electronics, medical devices etc.
Ehud has extensive experience in various aspects of intellectual property, including strategic consultation on the management of intellectual property assets for multinational companies, leading industrial companies and start-up companies. He has gained professional experience as a software engineer in various capacities in the hi-tech industry.
Ehud specializes in protecting inventions in the fields of computer science, physics and electronics, specializing, in particular in: communications and telecommunications, internet, cellular technology, databases, multi-media and other software, hardware, and integrated systems and processes; semiconductor devices and semiconductor related processes; medical devices and methods of doing business.
- China may become more liberal towards business method and software related patents
- Patent Eligibility of Software-Related Inventions
- Patent Eligibility of Software Related Inventions - Examination Guidelines Final Version
- Patent Eligibility of Software Related Inventions
- The Patentability of a method of doing business and software-related inventions in Israel
- “Will Israel Follow the U.S.A, Japan and the EPO and Allow Patent Protection for Software Stored on a Storage Medium”? ICC International Review of Industrial Property and Copyright Law (Published by Max Planck Institute for Foreign and international Patent, Copyright and Competition Law, Munich).
- “Software Related Inventions Held to be Patentable”, Patent World, Issue 68
- Walla news!: "Blockchain entrepreneurs? Protect your patent or you will be left out." An article by Ehud Hausman, Senior Partner & Head of Hi-tech dept., of our group
- Chambers & Partners 2018: Leading the Intellectual Property arena in Israel!
- The Marker: "China is becoming the most liberal state in the defense of Patents in the field of Software"
- Calcalist: Intellectual Property in China, an article by Adv. and patent attorney Ehud Hausman, Head of the Hi-Tech dept.
- Globes: Shifting Trends in Patent Industry: US Decline, Europe and China Rise, an article by Adv. and Patent Attorney, Ehud Hausman, Senior Partner and Head of Hi-Tech Department
Ehud is personally commended in the several leading international guides:
Chambers & Partners Global, Managing Intellectual Property (MIP IP Stars), IAM Patent 1000 (The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners), Expert Guides (Patent Law Practitioners), Who’s Who Legal (Patents) and WIPR Leaders in IP (Patents).
Chambers & Partners Global 2019: Ehud Hausman is esteemed for his hi-tech work and interviewees are quick to highlight his prowess in software patent work.
Chambers & Partners Global 2017: Head of the firm’s hi-tech group Ehud Hausman possesses specific expertise advising on electronics, IT and physics-related IP.
Intellectual Asset Management – The World’s Leading Patent Practitioners 1000 (IAM Patent 1000): “On the high-technology side, Ehud Hausman leads the way. “He’s a great patent attorney – whenever I have a conflict of interest, I send the work to him.”