LL.B. (magna cum laude), 1994, Tel Aviv University.
- Attorney at Law
- Profile on LinkedIn
Rakefet specializes in commercial litigation, particularly in the intellectual property and libel fields.
Rakefet has extensive professional experience in the various fields of intellectual property, in particular, copyrights trademarks, designs, passing off, unfair competition and competition law.
Rakefet has extensive experience with proceedings in all courts of law and is well versed in appearing before the Israel Patent Office.
Rakefet also serves as a mediator in matters of intellectual property rights, libel suits and privacy protection.
Throughout the years, Rakefet took an active role in the creation of numerous precedents in the intellectual property field such as the Supreme Court Ashir case which dealt with the principles of unlawful enrichment which occurred by imitation of products. Rakefet also took an active role in the case of Maariv v. The Marker which dealt with journalist’s copyrights.
Among Rakefet’s clients are media companies, advertising agencies and production companies, music companies, government companies and individuals who operate in creative fields.
Rakefet lectures at various academic and professional forums. Among others, she lectures on civil proceedings and copyright, and also initiated an intellectual property course, at continuing legal education programs of the Israel Bar Association.
- Memes and Copyrights
- New District Court Ruling Broadens Protection for International Brands
- Intellectual Property Rights, Explicit Content, Public Policy and Everything in Between
- Victory for Barilla: Supreme Court finds competitor's packaging confusingly similar
- Copyright in Lectures and The Defense of 'Innocent Infringer'
- "Tzeva Hakesef" radio show on Kan Reshet Bet: Advocate Rakefet Peled רקפת פלד, a Partner at Gilat, Bareket & Co. of our Group, explains whether a business is allowed to screen the Eurovision broadcast. (The interview begins at 19:41)
- TheMarker: Eurovision contest 2019: Who is allowed to broadcast it - and how much it will cost him. An article about Eurovision broadcasts screening procedures in commercial business with the participation of Advocate Rakefet Peled, a Partner at Gilat, Bareket & Co. of our Group.
- TheMarker: End of proceedings between Habitat International and Habitat Israel. Advocates Rakefet Peled and Luiz Blanc from Gilat, Bareket & Co. representing Habitat International, received a ruling from the President of the Supreme Court, Justice E. Hayut, denying a motion Habitat Israel filed for a further hearing in an attempt to prevent Habitat International from using the name HABITAT in Israel.
- ice website: an article about copyrights and TV formats by Rakefet Peled, a Partner in Gilat, Bareket & Co. of our Group
- Globes: "Habitat Israel and Habitat International will share the use of the Habitat trademark". An article about the ruling of the Supreme Court, in which the respondent, Habitat International, was represented by Advocates Luiz Blanc & Rakefet Peled, partners of Gilat, Bareket& Co., of our Group.