- Senior Partner, Head of Enforcement Department
- Attorney at Law
- Profile on LinkedIn
LLB degree (1995), College of Management, Israel.
Adv. Roy Kornick manages the enforcement department of Gilat, Bareket & Co. He has extensive professional experience in the IP field, in particular with respect to the enforcement of IP rights (anti-counterfeiting).
Roy and his team work in cooperation with governmental authorities, including the customs authorities and local police, to prevent the import and distribution of counterfeit goods in Israel and the Palestinian National Authority.
With his vast experience, Roy diligently protects the clients’ IP rights and business interests. He has almost two decades of experience managing IP cases and representing prestigious brand owners, world-renowned organizations and prominent Israeli companies.
Roy’s main fields of expertise include: intellectual property; litigation; enforcement of IP rights; protection against unfair competition; managing civil and criminal proceedings before the Israeli courts and authorities to address infringement of IP rights; issues relating to computer, Internet and commercial law; and litigation before the Registrar of Trademark, Patents and Designs.
Roy authored the chapter on Israel of the World Trademark Review – Anti-counterfeiting Guide of 2008 and co-authored the chapter on Israel in World Trademark Yearbook of 2008.
- Ynet: The sports fashion company Under Armour filed a lawsuit yesterday, against Israelis selling counterfeits of the brand. The lawsuit was filed by Adv. Roy Kornick, Senior Partner and Head of the Enforcement Department, and Adv. Omri Ben-Natan of Gilat, Bareket & Co., of our Group.
- Adv. Roy Kornick, Head of the Enforcement Department at Gilat, Bareket & Co. of our Group, received an award from the fashion company Under Armour in recognition of his longstanding contribution to the brand protection.
- Globes TV: "This is how the growing industry of forgeries of well-known brands is developing in Israel with the encouragement of the world of crime" An interview with Adv. Roy Kornick, senior partner and head of the Enforcement dept. of Gilat, Bareket & Co. of our group
- Globes: "Under Armour is suing 1.5 Million NIS from 25 Israeli forgers" An article about the lawsuit filed by attorneys from the Enforcement department of Gilat, Bareket & Co., of our group - Adv. Roy Kornick, senior partner and head of the Enforcement department and Adv. Omri Ben-Natan
- Ynet: Mondial Games : Clothing and Consumer goods counterfeiters Season
For several years now, Roy has been recommended in international guides such as The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (WTR 1000) and the Legal 500 as well as Corporate INTL Magazine (in 2011 named him one of the 50 Best Lawyers in Israel).
Gilat, Bareket & Co. was awarded the title of 2012 IP Enforcement Law Firm of the Year in Israel by Corporate INTL Magazine.
Legal 500 – 2014: Head of enforcement Roy Kornick has a superb reputation
Legal 500 – 2015: Roy Kornick has ‘in-depth knowledge’
The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (WTR 1000) 2014: First-class Roy Kornick “is among the foremost lawyers in Israel. He really delivers the goods”.
The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (WTR 1000) 2015: Senior partner Roy Kornick is a fast-moving and decisive anti-counterfeiting ace; the “superb negotiator” is “intensely focused on getting the best results for his clients”.
The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals (WTR 1000) 2017: “he has forged strong links with the customs authorities”.