MBA, 2014, Bar Ilan University; LL.B., 2005 The College of Management Academic, Israel; Licensed mediator since 2004.
- Partner, Manager of Designs Department
- Attorney at Law
- Profile on LinkedIn
Before joining Reinhold Cohn Group Sa’ar Alon practiced in the field of commercial law and worked in the legal department of an international fashion company in Prague, Czech Republic.
Sa’ar began his work in Reinhold Cohn Group at the end of 2006, and in 2007 commenced his internship in Gilat, Bareket & Co. where he gained experience in trademarks, copyright, patent, and design litigation.
Sa’ar is part of the team of the Design department which practices mainly in the following areas: counseling and representation of Israeli and International clients in Israel and abroad in the area of product protection; legal services related to the filing and prosecution of design applications in Israel and abroad; legal counseling in the field of product design and additional aspects of intellectual property.
In addition, Sa’ar, together with the group’s litigation department, Gilat, Bareket & Co., represents clients in proceedings before Israeli Courts and before the Patents, Designs and Trademarks Registrar.
Sa’ar is also a consultant and representative of the Israel Patent Attorneys Association in the Economic Affairs Committee of the Knesset (Israel’s legislature) with regard to the new Designs Bill. He is a member of INTA’s Designs Committee and AIPPI Standing Committee on Designs.
- "Industrial Design Protection – Present and Future" lecture, in the Intellectual Property Seminar
- Seminar on the topic of the New Designs Law and a toast to the New Year - AIPPI Israel
- Design as an economic elevating tool – Intellectual property as a strategic asset
- "Patents & Utility Modules- Important tools for designers" Seminar
- A New Design Registration Regime: What You Need to Know
- New Design Law in Israel
- All Israel registered designs are to be published as the new Design Law comes into force
- Israeli court addresses relationship between design protection and copyright
- Apple’s iPad Mini registrable despite prior publication
Sa’ar has co-authored the chapter on Israel in the guide: Designs 2019: A global guide (WTR)
- Kan Tarbut:Three of our experts: Ronit Barzik-Sofer, attorney and head of the trademark department, Sa'ar Alon, attorney and head of the design department and Dima Litvak, partner and patent attorney were hosted on the radio show “Rak She’ela” for a discussion about the world of intellectual property and how we all encounter intellectual property every day.
- Xnet website: Copying or inspiring? An article about the phenomenon of commercial companies copying from designers and creators with the particpaton of Advocate Sa’ar Alon, Manager of Designs department at our Group.
- Ynet: Design students? This is how you should protect your creation. Adv. Sa’ar Alon, Manager of the design department in our Group, in a Q&A guide for design protection.
- Designs: A Global Guide 2019 [WTR] has been published. Israel chapter authored by Adv. and Patent Attorney, David Gilat, Senior Partner and Adv. Sa'ar Alon, Partner and Manager of the Designs Department in our Group
- "Praklitim ad Habeit", Reshet 13: Adv. Sa'ar Alon, Partner and Head of Design Department of our Group, is interviewd about the new Design Law