- Senior Partner, in charge of Plant Breeders' Rights, Agrotech and Foodtech
- Patent Attorney
- Profile on LinkedIn
M.Sc. (Chemistry), 1996, Weizmann Institute of Science.
Being a patent attorney since 1998, Tamar has vast experience in handling patent portfolios of Israeli and foreign clients, ranging from private entrepreneurs and small start-up companies to large multinational corporations. The services she provides her clients include patent strategy guidance and assistance in screening processes, drafting and prosecution of patent applications internationally; opinions both regarding patentability and Freedom-to-Operate (FTO) and general management of IP matters.
Through the years of practicing IP, Tamar has gained experience in numerous technological arenas, with her main expertise in the fields of drug delivery, in particular lipid, liposome and polymer based delivery systems; foodtech, agrotech including, water and soil treatment, plant development and protection and plant breeder’s rights; and other environmental-related technologies.
Tamar is also the Partner heading the Plant Breeder’s Rights (PBR) Department in the firm, and thus is well versed in the various aspects of, and procedures relating to, the protection of new plant varieties, and other plant related innovations.
In addition, Tamar has significant experience in managing intellectual property (IP) matters of technological Incubators making use of the extensive and professional team within the Reinhold Cohn Group to handle the IP of the Incubator’s companies in all technological fields.
Among her other activities, Tamar is also Heading the Records and Information Systems Department.
Tamar is the vice chairperson of the IP and Green Technology committee of the AIPPI – International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property.
- Globes: The most significant challenge facing mankind nowadays is climate change on Earth. "Green Technologies" are intended to meet this challenge, and are therefore given special attention by the authorities, which includes, in some countries, an expedited procedure for obtaining a patent. An article by Tamar Morag-Sela, a Senior Partner in our Group.
- Foodies website: Tamar Morag-Sela, Patent Attorney and expert in the Foodtech field, in an article about the importance of protecting inventions and innovation in the field of food.
- Intellectual Property & Technological Innovation Magazine of Haaretz, August 2016: a cover article including several of our partners and managers
- Nature Biotechnology Journal, Vol. 22: Intellectual property law in Israel, and US and European objections: Market exclusivity vs. data exclusivity
Tamar is commended in the prestigious international Managing Intellectual Property ranking (MIP IP Stars): Tamar Morag-Sela is another name that comes up a lot in feedback about the team. “Tamar excels in her ability to prosecute applications; she handles difficult cases and gets claims allowed.” Clients describe her as “talented, very professional, devoted, nice to communicate with and very organised in her work”.