David GilatSenior Partner, Head of Legal Practice Advocate, Patent Attorney Reinhold Cohn & Partners
- LL.B., 1990, Tel Aviv University
- B.Sc. Chemistry, 1986, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
David Gilat is an Attorney at Law and a Patent Attorney , a Senior Partner in the Reinhold Cohn Group. David has extensive professional experience in the various fields of intellectual property, in particular patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights, plant breeders’ rights, distribution agreements and competition law, including litigation, transactions and general consulting on intellectual property issues.
His main fields of expertise include: Technology (particularly chemistry, pharmaceutics, physics, high technology) and branding. David has extensive professional experience in patent and trademark litigation and has been involved in land mark cases.
David also teaches on patent law at the Tel Aviv University Law Faculty as well as at the Inter-Diciplenary Center, Herzlia, and occasionally lectures at international conferences, Israeli academic and professional institutions and other forums.
He is the author of “Experimental Use and Patents” IIC Studies (Vol 16 1995) and served as a research fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Patent, Copyright and Competition Laws, 1992-3.
Throughout the years, David has authored various chapters on Israel and has been contributing to the World Trademark Review on a regular basis ever since its start.
David is also a co-author of the book “Intellectual property Law in Israel”. The book derives from the chapter on Intellectual Property law in Israel in the Encyclopaedia of Laws (IEL) published by the internationally renowned “Kluwer Law International”.
Among the chapters on Israel he has authored are:
- The chapter on Israel in the “Brown Book” .
- The chapter on Israel in past and present Trademark Cancellation International Practice and Procedures Guide (International Trademark Association, 2019).
- The chapter on Israel in “Antibody Patenting: A Practitioner’s Guide to Drafting, Prosecution and Enforcement” (Wolters Kluwer, 2019).
- The chapter on Israel in “Designs: A global guide” (WTR, 2019).
- The chapter on Israel in “Privilege and Professional Confidences” (Bloomberg, 2020).
- The chapter on Israel in “The Patent Litigation Global Guide” (Thomson Reuters, 2020).
- The chapter on Israel in “Inside the Minds: IP Client Strategies in the Middle East and Africa” (Thomson Reuters, 2009)
David has been recommended for several years in leading international guides, such as Chambers & Partners, Legal 500 (Hall of Fame), WTR 1000, IAM Patent 1000, Managing Intellectual Property and more.
In 2020 David was awarded Lexology Client Choice Award in the Patents category.
December 09, 2018
The Wealth of Nations and Intellectual Property in the 21st CenturyRead More
November 12, 2018
A New Design Registration Regime: What You Need to KnowRead More
January 13, 2020
Globes: Advocate David Gilat, Patent Attorney and Senior Partner in our Group, sheds some light on the relation between Harry and Meghan, the royal couple, surprising announcement on their stepping back as senior members of the British royal family and IP and the SUSSEX ROYAL trademark.Read More