Dr. Sharon BitonPatent Attorney Reinhold Cohn Group
- Post-doctoral fellow at Genentech Inc., CA, USA - Molecular Oncology Department. Sharon's research focused on understanding cell signaling pathways which control cell fate in response to chemotherapeutic drugs, namely DNA damaging agents, and crosstalk between components in the NF-κB pathway, Apo2L/TRAIL and ATM.
- Ph.D. Biology, 2006, Tel-Aviv University. In her Ph.D, Sharon studied the role of ATM- the mutated gene in Ataxia telangiectasia syndrome - in the development of neurons.
- M.Sc. Biology, 1996, Tel-Aviv University. Studies of the proto-oncogene c-Met in kidney development and regeneration
Sharon was licensed as a patent attorney in 2018, and joined the Reinhold Cohn Group in December 2020.
Sharon handles various aspects of patent applications, for both local and international clients, in the field of Life Sciences, including biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, immunology and cell biology. Sharon has experience in drafting and prosecution of patent applications, as well as experience in Patent Term Extension (PTE). Sharon also has experience in registration of Plant Breeders’ Rights (PBR).
- Life science & Healthcare
- Plant Genetics & New Varieties
- Association of Israel Patent Attorneys